- Default deployment optimizes and accelerates SQL & SMB connections without the need for complex configuration.
- Additional TCP-based protocols can be accelerated by manually adding the protocol to both sides of the connection.
Example: To accelerate .NET Remoting, open up the .config file of the service and locate the port number. Next, add that port number to NitroAccelerator by navigating to: Tools > Configure Additional Protocols...
- One-click encryption can be enabled within the NitroAccelerator console.
If SQL Server Force Encryption or .Net Remoting Encrypt is enabled, NitroAccelerator automatically supports TLS 1.3 or TLS 1.2 acceleration. Due to SecOps Requirements, Nitro can not mix TLS 1.2 with 1.3 within a single accelerated connection.
- Improve SQL Server Replication performance over distance.
- Accelerate and Optimize Thick Clients / Client-Server / N-Tiered Application user experiences.
- Improve the speed and efficiency of Daily Data Movement & SMB Windows File Transfers.
NitroAccelerator installs as a device driver on your desired servers, app servers, file servers, and clients to accelerate the network traffic between endpoints.
Do you manage your own instance(s)? To utilize NitroAccelerator, it is required that you have access to install on both sides of a connection in order to accelerate the connections between. IaaS and Cloud solutions that grant you access to manage your own instances are supported by NitroAccelerator. If you do not have access to install directly, it is possible to set up Nitro as a proxy.
Are you experiencing latency or bandwidth issues? The more latency or congestion, the more NitroAccelerator will benefit. The majority of our customers have a ping latency of 10ms or more. However, if timely data transmission and performance is essential to meet your goals, a zero-risk test of Nitro is recommended.
Affordability: Traditional WAN acceleration solutions can be very expensive with initial costs between two locations often coming in at around $30K, for cost-of-hardware alone. Companies often spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on traditional WAN accelerators, whereas Nitrosphere customers can deploy a selective or complete solution for a fraction of the cost.
Reliability: Leverage the distance of existing connections with lossless compression during transmission. Reduce packet loss and re-transmissions. Reduce Server I/O wait times, application lag, and grey-outs.
NitroAccelerator does not increase attack surface or generate lateral data movement.